Posted on February 23 2016
Ruby Linker is proud to be manufacturing our products here in the USA--in California, to be exact. We all know that most of the products available today are made anywhere but the US, and, admittedly, it would have been cheaper to send this portion of the operation overseas, but we believed there were a lot of good reasons to keep production right here. In fact, most Americans--and even consumers around the world--say they prefer products made in the USA. So what are some of the reasons?
- Buying American supports US companies, US entrepreneurs, US jobs, and the US economy.
- Products made overseas are often produced without the safety and quality standards associated with US manufacturing.
- Overseas manufacturers may not be bound to environmental protection laws as in the US, which may result in damage to ecosystems, wildlife, and human health.
- The shipping of goods over long distances increases fossil fuel consumption and emissions.
- Some overseas manufactures may exploit workers, resulting in human rights violations.
- "Made in the USA" represents a high standard of quality around the world--signifying something dependable, safe, stylish, and high-tech.
So now you know: you support far more than just art and good fashion taste when you make a Ruby Linker purchase!